Located on Hwy 80 at 138 Texas Street, Clarksville City, Texas 75647. The Hub of the East Texas Piney Woods, centrally located between Longview, Tyler, Kilgore, White Oak, and Gilmer.
Homeplace RV Park is built on land that is an original Mexican Land Grant and has been continuously owned by the Rogers family since 1835. The office, laundry, bathrooms and exercise room are located in the 3rd homestead located on the property. Two previous homesteads were lost to fire. Originally, the land was used for farming and a sawmill until the early 1930's when oil became the king of East Texas. There were many wells drilled on the property and a few are still in operation. From the 1930"s until early 1960, part of the land was leased to Cities Service Oil Co for their Oil Camp. Cities Service built 38 homes on the property to house their employees. That lease terminated in 1961 and the houses were moved away. The infrastructure was in place and that was the impetus of The Shady Acres Mobile Home Park now called Oakwood. As times have changed, the growth of the RV industry have led yet another change to this land. Thus, the creation of The Homeplace RV Park. The newest RV Park in East Texas.